Monday, November 13, 2006

Back At It!

Back to work today, and there are several stories to talk about.

The Bruins have aquired Chistov from the Ducks in exchange for a third round draft pick. I think this will give Chistov a new start, and I think he will play well for the Bruins. That being said, the Bruins need a lot more help if they want to even think about turning things around. The starts with a goaltender, and talks between Boston and San Jose are really heating up. Nabokov is the most likely San Jose goalie to go the other way, while Glen Murray and Hannu Toivonen are what I'm hearing could go the other way.

Mark Messier has his own award now, and it will be given out monthly as well as at the end of the year. It will go to a player who shows leadership both on and off the ice. When is #99 going to get his own award?

The Flyers and Avalanche are apparently talking big deal, and there has been speculation over the last few hours that the Avs have inquired about getting Forsberg back. This is a situation I will monitor very closely.

Dan Boyle has been one of Tampa Bay's best defenders over the past few years, but Tampa may be looking to deal him to get some more cap room. Edmonton is one team said to be plenty interested.

Finally I've been told by several that payment information for the PPFL has not been recieved. I will get our fantasy department to send it out again tonight. If you HAVE received the information, please email me at cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com so I know that at least some people recieved it. Have a good day everyone