Friday, February 20, 2009

The Latest

First off, I just want to say how much fun I had with you all last night in the chat. Between 10:30-2 am last night there was a constant group of about 50 that just chatted about this Habs situation. We learned about it together and it was really a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone that came out.

Hockeyleaks was one of the first on this story, and what a story it has turned out to be. By now, I'm sure you all know the details, but I will say this, I'm hearing this could just be the start. There is more to come out I've been told, and the "more" involves even higher profile Habs. We'll see what materializes, but this could just be be the begininning.

Here are the trade rumours for today:


- Bob Gainey has admitted that the Lightning have contacted him regarding Lecavalier, and that Subban, Higgins, and Gorges were players Tampa had interest in. I'm hearing the Habs are really shopping Higgins right now.

- Sean Avery is close to re-joining the New York Rangers, this is going to happen.

- The rumours that the Leafs are close to making a trade do have some substance. Chicago, Boston and Columbus are the three teams the Leafs have been talking to the most as of late.

- The Penguins have apparently made a significant offer for Ryan Smyth.

- Staying with the Avs, the Bruins are big Jordan Leopold fans and these talks are making progress.

---

Stay tuned to Hockeyleaks.com today, I am going to be making my own "Chart"...take that Eklund