I know we jumped the gun last time, but Hockeyleaks.com can confirm that the Ottawa Senator's have fired head coach Craig Hartsburg and will announce that at a 11 am news conference. Stay tuned to Hockeyleaks.com as we await a replacement being named. Pat Quinn anyone? Here are some fun facts of the day. Check the rumour mill momentarily for today's rumours
- The Canucks are 1-5-4 in their last 10 games, while currently on an eight game losing streak. This has them in 11th place in the West, and out of a playoff spot.
- The slump nobody knows about? The Detroit Red Wings have lost five straight games, and now sit 8 points behind San Jose, while playing one more game than the Sharks.
- The streak nobody knows about? The Devils have won eight straight games, giving them a five point division lead over the Rangers.
- The once last-place Dallas Stars currently find themselves sixth in the West, just two points back of fifth, with four games in hand on the Ducks.
- five teams are currently tied with 53 points in the west. The top team is sixth, while the bottom team is tenth. Vancouver is in eleventh with 52 points. This is going to be one exciting race.
- Teemu Selanne still leads the league in Power Play Goals with 13, despite playing in only 35 games.
- Four Flyers (Carter, Richards, Gagne) lead the league in shorties, with four each.
- Ovechkin now leads Carter in goals after a big weekend. AO now has 36 on the season.