Just got word from a very respected source that Bill Guerin is all but a Philadelphia Flyer. While I cannot confirm this, the source says the Flyers lack the cap room to complete this deal, especially with the activation of Briere over the last 24 hours. It will be interesting to see how the Flyers make this happen. Flyers are still MAJOR players for a puck moving d-man as well. Kaberle, Pronger and Bouwmeester are all on their radar.
Things are really heating up...here are rumours from this mornings rumour mill.
- Kaberle may in fact be the most-wanted player at this years deadline. He is cheaper than Bouwmeester and Pronger, with a longer remaining contract term than both. Recent rumours for Kaberle include:
Kaberle to Boston for Colborne, a 1st and a 3rd, Kaberle to Boston for Kessel and a 1st, Kaberle to Montreal for Higgins and Subban, Kaberle to Philly for Upshall, Van Riemsdyk and a 1st.
- The Dallas Stars are apparently shopping Brad Richards and Mike Ribeiro
- The Blue Jackets continue to pursue Antropov, but are unwilling to give their 1st rounder up unless the Leafs include a player such as Ian White.
- Minnesota is looking likely to deal Backstrom at the deadline. Washington is apparently the front runner.
- The Bruins, Flyers, Leafs and Sens are all interested in Pronger today, with the first two teams trying to get creative and fit the big d-man under the cap. Kaberle is a smarter solution for them
- Jamal Mayers has asked for a trade fromt Toronto if one can be arranged.
- Blue Jackets like Kuba.
- The LA Kings are trying to get Ryan Smyth out of Colorado.
- The Leafs are likely to deal Moore as his contract demands are quite high. One rumour suggests Moore and Blake could be offered as a package.
- The Flyers would like to deal Briere, but nobody with cap space has shown interest at this point.
- The Rangers would move Scott Gomez if they get the chance.
Chat tonight at 10 PM EST