Sunday, November 13, 2005

Holy Hat Tricks Batman!

I don't know what I was thinking with that title, but what a game we had this afternoon. Craig Conroy and Alexander Frolov each had a hat trick, as the Kings beat the Blue Jackets on the road, winning 8-2. Frolov finished the game with four points, while Conroy went home with 5. If I were a Columbus fan attending this game, I'd demand my money back.

Chicago beat Edmonton today, winning 3-1. Mark Bell scored twice, while Duncan Keith had two points for the Hawks. Pisani scored the lone Edmonton goal.

After two periods of the play, the Dallas Stars lead the Anaheim Mighty Ducks 3-0. Boucher, Lehtinen and Guerin have the goals, while Turco takes a shutout into the third period.

One late game tonight, as Vancouver plays host to the red hot Detroit Red Wings. Will anyone beat Craig Conroy for player of the night? Not likely, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Craig Conroy will be tonight's Hockey Leaks player of the night, thanks to a five point (3G,2A) performance.

Janne Niinimaa's days with the Islanders are numbered. I'm hearing Minnesota is very interested, but they arn't offering anything that New York wants. The Oilers are also said to be interested, and I heard from a very close source tonight that Boston is preparing to make an offer. I am also hearing that rumours of Detroit having interest are false.

Colorado is another team that you will see move a defenseman shortly. I've heard Boughner and Sauer as possibilities, but there have not been any offers worth taking. Expect Colorado to move a top 4 d-man as part of something bigger.

Today is Sunday, which means you probably can expect a site update sometime tonight from Yick. Check hockeyleaks.com often for all the latest updates. Email me at cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com with all suggestions, comments and questions. Have a good night!