Monday, November 28, 2005

More Waiver Action

The Bruins' have placed forward Shawn McEachern on waivers, and he has until tomorrow to clear. The forward is currently in the first year of a two year deal, worth $1 million a season. I don't expect him to get claimed.

Another rumour I am hearing is that Jocelyn Thibault has been placed on waivers, but I have been unable to confirm this. I can confirm that Fleury has been called up from the AHL, so this could be a situation to watch.

The Leafs won their second straight game, as they doubled up Florida 2-1. Tucker and McCabe scored for the Leafs, while Weiss had Florida's only goal. With the win, Ed Belfour is now tied with Terry Sawchuck for second on the all-time wins list. Belfour sits at 103 wins behind Patrick Roy for 1st, and I have a feeling that Roy is pretty safe.

Midway through the first Detroit and LA are tied 0-0. Howard is the surprise starter for Detroit, while Labarbera is in net for LA. I am going to pick LA to win this one, with Craig Conroy being the difference.

Nabokov's name has come up a lot lately, and if the Sharks continue to struggle, he will be shopped. Florida is very close to shaking things up, as is Boston. Both teams expected to win a lot of games this season, and neither team has played anywhere close to where they should. As we enter December, a lot of GM's are hovering over their panic buttons, and things are about to go nuts. Next player to be traded? Brenden Witt has got to be close...

Peter Forsberg will miss the next game or two due to an injured left groin. Mario Lemieux will miss his next game because of a stomach virus.

Thats all for now, don't forget to check hockeyleaks.com for all the latest updates. Also, feel free to drop me an email at cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com. I'd love to hear suggestions with who you would like to read a Q & A by. I'll do my best to get a hold of them and make it happen. Have a good night.