Monday, July 13, 2009

DALE TALLON OUT AS GM OF BLACKHAWKS

According to Eklund, Dale Tallon will be fired as GM of the Blackhawks and replaced by Stan Bowman (scotty's son). The move is likely to take place tomorrow

If this is true, and it seems to be the case, I am shocked.

Dale has done a great job with this team, turning them from bottom-feeders to central-division favourites in 2009-2010.

Maybe it's the fact the Blackhawks are over the cap, but I honestly believe that they could easily be under the cap for this year, which is all that matters. Campbell is moveable beyond this season, while a guy like Seabrook could also be sacrificed without really noticing his loss.

I cannot stress how shocked I am at this move, I guess we'll find out more details in the coming days.

For the latest, check the forums and follow @hockeyleaks on twitter