- The biggest UFA left on the market is Tanguay, and I'm surprised he is still available. It looks as though he will get something around a 2-3 year deal worth $3 million per. The teams to watch are NYI and Colorado, though I'm hearing Columbus could be in on this. One source even has Calgary getting him back if the Flames can find the funds to do so.
- Zubov seems to be between returning to Dallas and ending up in Columbus. Dallas really needs Zubov back as this is a franchise going in the wrong direction.
- As I've said all along, I believe Heatley will end up in San Jose. San Jose has to shake things up and this is the fastest way to do so. Marleau, Cheechoo and Ehrhoff are three players the sharks are rumoured to be shopping, with each player being linked to about five teams each. We know the Islanders would love to grab one of those players, while Montreal, Columbus, Toronto, and of coarse Ottawa have been linked to at least one of them.
- Mats Sundin, if he doesn't retire, will be an August signing. If he returns, his only two options are Vancouver and Toronto. It could end up being which team has room under the cap to bring him in. I'd expect him to sign a one year deal worth around $4 million.
- Martin Biron is still available and I'm hearing he could land in LA.
- Despite all of Chicago's cap concerns, they like there team as is and don't plan on worrying about all their cap issues until next summer. They're going for it now.
- Zherdev and Kessel are the two biggest RFAs on the market. Zherdev has filed for arbitration and rumours have the Rangers willing to let him go if the price tag is too high. As for Kessel, teams have not made the RFA an offer yet due to the fact that the Bruins still have a little room under the cap and could probably match an offer. This will change in the coming weeks and things will get interesting. The Bruins are still looking for a top three d-man.
How has your team faired this offseason? We'd love for you to write about it at our Team Bloggers blog located at http://hockey-leaks2.blogspot.com. If you are already registered there, post away, and if not, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get you set up so you can post!