Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Trades That Almost Happened

Well now that things have a calmed down a little, here are a few deals that I am hearing ALMOST happened on Thursday.

- St. Louis to Chicago for Khabibulin. Chicago apparently wanted Brad Richards instead

-Tucker to Edmonton. I've heard two stories. Leafs were offered Torres and either Cogliano or Syvret, but JFJ would not move Tucker. The other story I heard was Toronto wanted Torres for Tucker, and Lowe wouldn't give up Torres.

- Bertuzzi to Montreal. Apparently it was much closer than anyone thought

- Rechhi to Flyers. Pittsburgh wanted a solid prospect from Philly, and they wouldn't budge.

- McAmmond to Edmonton. They submitted the trade a few minutes late. IT was done and agreed to, just never got league approval.

-------------------------------

I'm still looking for more. The Free Agent 2006 page is ready to go, but I'm waiting a few days to put it up, let the dust settle for a few more days! And I did an hour special on this week's Blueline Radio Show, so check it out here

http://www.bluelinetalkradio.com/main/modules/Audio_Archives/blueline031006.mp3

make sure to check out their website, it's great I really appreciate the partnership we have with them. They give us a lot of publicity through their show, and I really enjoy being on the show. I'll be on again as soon as the playoffs get a little closer, so there is something to look forward to! Also, our Columns section is about to get a serious makeover, so if your interested in writing for us, this is the time to email me!! Have a good Sunday everyone