Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dave Lewis To Boston

I am hearing that is all but done, and should be announced before friday.

Update on Pronger to Toronto : One source said that the Leafs were really hoping to get Pronger, to show UFA's that they were serious about contending right away. JFJ really wants to impress Elias, who will be targeted heavily by Toronto and will apparently be offered 7.5 million per season by the club right out of the gate.

Willie Mitchell may end up in Vancouver, while Jovo is all but a lock to sign in Florida. Talk has Ed Belfour going to Florida as well, as Keenan believes an Auld/Belfour combination may actually work well.

Eklund posted today that Aebischer + picks to Tampa for St. Louis was in the works. I have not heard this, but I thought I'd pass that on. Montreal would really win that deal, as St. Louis would excel there.

Finally, the Cap is officially 44 million, which I told you about a month ago! This means that the most a player can earn is $8.8 million. My guess is that Chara and Elias both get offers of this amount, but they may not take them...I mean, would you take $8.8 million to play in Columbus, or $8 million to play in Toronto, Detroit, Philly, etc.

July 1st is so soon, I can't wait! Make sure to check out the free agent tracker on hockeyleaks.com as we have a list of our top UFA's, and where we think they will go