Friday, June 02, 2006

The Stanley Cup Final

Well, we're here. I went 1-1 in the third round, and if it wasn't for a late game collapse by the Sabres last night, I would have gone 2-0. So who do I like for the final? Edmonton will take this series, in six games. The Oilers are young, fast, and exactly what the new NHL is about. I also think the goaltending questions in Carolina will hurt them. Who is the starter, Gerber or Ward? It looks like Ward is for now, but we all know that could change. Roloson is the guy in Edmonton, no questions.

As for my pick for MVP, I'm going to say Pronger. I've heard people say Peca, Roloson, Pisani, Smyth and others, but no other guy is more valuable to these Oilers than Chris Pronger. This series is going to be great to watch.

The new site is looking great, an will launch the day after the cup final. Those that have seen it so far have been very impressed. I love it, and find it hard to even look at the current one right now. I'm a very excited guy right now, with the new site launch looming, the Stanley Cup final just days away, and the free agent season right around the corner. Does it get any better than this?