Monday, May 05, 2008

Round 3 Picks....

(2) Pittsburgh vs. (6) Philly

Both teams won their series' in five games, both looked very impressive in doing so. Both teams have had great goaltending, while their offenses have not been too bad either. Overall, this could be a tight series, but I just don't see the Penguins losing it. How great a story would it be for the Flyers to go from last place, to the stanley cup final, in just 12 months? It's possible, but it's an uphill battle in my opinion. Crosby, Malkin, Hossa and Fleury will lead this team to the cup final...

Hockeyleaks.com Prediction: Penguins in 5

(1) Detroit vs. (5) Dallas

All week i've been telling myself that Detroit would top Dallas in the third round if that was the match up. San Jose would beat Detroit, but Dallas wouldn't. My Mind was changed last night in what may have been the best game I've ever seen. Lets compare the two teams by position. In goal, Dallas is the huge favourite. Turco has been nothing short of stellar, while Detroit has had their questions between the pipes. Yes, Osgood is unbeaten, but he's played against a mediocre Nashville team, and an injury depleted Colorado team. Dallas is on a much higher level than the two teams he has previously faced. On defense, I'm going to give this to Dallas. I know a lot of you may disagree, but Zubov and Norstrom are playing the best hockey of their careers. Sure, Detroit has Lidstrom, but as a whole, I really like the defensive game Dallas is bringing into this series. Up front, Detroit has the edge, as the Mule, along with Datsyuk and Zetterberg have been unstoppable to this point. With that said, Dallas has Modano, Richards and Morrrow, all three of which have been playing some amazing hockey.

Hockeyleaks.com Prediction: I will say Dallas in 7, but if they took it in 5 or 6, I wouldn't be surprised at all...



On another note, Eklund is already E3ing Demitra to Vancouver? The playoffs are not even over yet!!! This guy is just crazy...


look for details for the 08-09 Fantasy league to come out this week, it's something I'm really excited about.