Thursday, February 22, 2007

Saku Koivu On The Move?

I am hearing this morning that two teams (Anaheim and Minnesota) are really trying hard to pick up Saku Koivu. Anaheim's Burke is refusing to make a deal for a rental currently because the price is too high, but would deal some of his young prospects if he could get his hands on Koivu. Minnesota is in a very similar position, and would like to re-unite the Koivu brothers as members of the Wild. While Montreal is doubtful to move Koivu, I can confirm they are getting pressured pretty hard by these two teams.

Speaking of Montreal, Souray is looking like a lock to move. San Jose leads the race, while Edmonton is in this as well. Anaheim is another team who is starting to ask questions (I wonder what Montreal could get for both Koivu and Souray?).

With Carolina now facing some injury problems, and they're playoff hopes fading away, you have to think they are getting ready to make a serious move. I still think they'll land one St. Louis' big two.

For more rumours check out the Hockeyleaks.com rumour mill, it had quite the update today!

Also, Hockeyleaks.com is in the process of setting up a poker tournament.

http://www.pokerstars.com/?source=hockeyleaks.com

That link will bring you to Poker Stars, which is what we will be using to do the poker tournament. Feel free to practice up, I know some of the Hockeyleaks.com staff is quite good at poker, and so are some of our readers!

If you want to contact me with questions, comments, or just want to play me in a game of poker, my email is cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com

The Deadline is 5 days away, i'm so excited to bring you guys the best deadline coverage on the internet. I just did a radio interview with Blueline Hockey Talk Radio, there is a link on the main page, so check it out. Don't mind my voice, I'm still getting over a nasty cold. Anyways, check that, Pokerstars and Hockeyleaks.com out right now! That should keep you busy until a tradebreaks, which could be any minute...