Monday, January 28, 2008

Less Than A Month

The Deadline is FAST approaching, how exciting is that! The NHL is the greatest league in the world, and the trade deadline is one of my favourite days of the year. Christmas, New Years, even my birthday are not always exciting as NHL Trade Deadline day. I love hosting deadline here, I always gather a few friends around me, and we work our butts off to bring you the best coverage on the internet. This is our third year, and for those who have been with us from the beginning i can promise you this will be our best year yet. Our tracker is always the fastest, while our chat room (which will be returning soon) is always a great place to be!

Fletcher is ready to start analyzing his team, and things could start to happen this week. As I said in the mail bag (hockeyleaks.com's newest feature, check it out), I believe Raycroft will be the first to go. After him, it's anyones guess.

This week will be large, as not only is Sundin meeting with the Leafs about a move, but Buffalo will be talking to Campbell, and Atlanta will be talking to Hossa. This is the first real week of the deadline, as teams will have to start thinking and making decisions.

Is anyone out there a web designer? We would love to give hockeyleaks.com a post-deadline face lift, and we're looking for help.

Also, you may have noticed me promoting Versus last week, with a banner on the main page and a video on the blog. I did this for two reasons: a) I think it's important to promote Versus, as American ratings are very important to the NHL's health, and b) they promised me a thank you package including hats, jerseys, mugs and more. If I get this package, you can expect some of you to recieve some of the goods through contests...as Hockeyleaks.com continues to grow, the more things I will be able to provide you with.

Please check out the mail bag, and please email me your questions for next week's installment. The mail bag will be published every Monday.

Thats all for now, check Hockeyleaks.com for the latest news, rumours, and everything else NHL related. The forums are also a great place to chat, so if your not a member please sign up and join in the fun. The forums will soon have exclusive contests so don't miss out!