Saturday, July 12, 2008

Facelift in Ottawa?

Ottawa is an interesting team to watch right now.

Tomorrow they will announce Jason Williams has signed a three year deal worth just under 6 million total.

Vermette wants out, and will get his wish. The Sens are also heavily shopping Chris Neil. Two teams being mentioned are Chicago (Cam Barker or Brent Seabrook), and Florida (Allin or dare I say Bouwmeister? Jacques Martin LOVES Vermette).

Radulov is getting 8 mil a year in russia...I still don't think he'll end up there. I'm hearing two things...a) This is a ploy to get a good deal from Nashville and b) Russia will back off the contract, as it really could start this relationship between Russia and the NHL off on a bad note....

Matthieu Schneider could be on his way to Phoenix I've been told...

Had a good discussion with some people tonight about how overrated Hossa and Campbell are. Is Campbell in the top ten defensemen in the league? Pronger, Chara, Lidstrom, Niedermayer, Gonchar, Kaberle and Phaneuf were all 100% voted better, but I think there could be more. Timmonen, Zubov, Visnovsky, Ohlund, Boyle, Green....I want to hear your thoughts, so reply to the blog on the forums with your feedback on this...(when we launch the new site sometime in the next month, commenting on these will be sooo much easier, I can't wait).

Thats all for now, tomorrow could be an interesting day I've been told...