Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My Bold Predictions

The free agent market will open in less than 12 hours. Their are not as many big names this year as in previous years, but still some big names none the less. Its that time of year where I make my predictions and see what I can get right. Predictions are based on a what I've heard, and what I feel...so lets do this

Hossa - Boston is the team to watch here. They have the cap room, and he's close friends with Chara. He played well with Savard, making it a comfortable situation for him. Boston is also headed in the right direction, something that Hossa is also looking for. While Montreal and Ottawa will make pitches, I believe Hossa will indeed become a Bruin.

Sundin - I'm going to go out on a lim, and say Toronto...

Campbell - The best d-man on the market, there are a lot of teams that would love this guy. Buffalo, Montreal and Atlanta will all make modest offers, while Chicago's offer will be the best of them all. In the end, its Ottawa that will bring home Campbell

Vrbata - Phoenix would love to keep this guy, but the top three teams I'm hearing are Toronto, Buffalo and New Jersey. Buffalo is likely to win this race.

Avery - Rangers or Leafs I'm hearing...If the Leafs are willing to take the gamble on his attitude, then I see him in Blue and White.

Mark Streit - Third in defense scoring last season, he's going to be quite the catch for a lucky team. San Jose, Pittsburgh and Washington are teams to watch here. I'm taking a gamble and going for San Jose

Bertuzzi - This is an interesting situation, as it's anyones guess as to who is willing to take a gamble on this guy. Two teams can be counted out: Anaheim and Colorado. Columbus is a team that has lots of money to spend, and a place where Bertuzzi can nicely fly under the radar...

Ryder - Pittsburgh, maybe Toronto.

Marc Denis - Montreal

Naslund - Vancouver

Kolzig - Colorado

Demitra - Vancouver

Curtis Joseph - Toronto

Jose Theodore - Tampa Bay

Morrison - Columbus

Emery - Detroit

Recchi - Atlanta

Auld - Vancouver

Huselius - Columbus

Jason Williams - Vancouver

Rolston - Calgary

Hainsey - Chicago

Hagman - Ottawa

Stuart - Detroit

Stumpel - LA

Brunette - Minnesota

Roszival - Pittsburgh

Stillman - Carolina

Orpik - Montreal