Thursday, July 27, 2006

New Jersey

So the Devils will accept the $5 million award to Gomez, but the big story in Jersey today is that apparently Lamoriello convinced Malakhov to come back from retirement and expects Mogilny to be in training camp fighting for a position. Not that it makes much of a difference, but if both are playing, at least the Devils are not paying $7 million against the cap for non-playing players.

Yannick Tremblay will sign with Vancouver in the next few days

Leafs and Wings are still after Carter, don't ask me how Toronto can afford it, I don't know, but they've talked to his agent in the last 48 hours, that I can confirm.

Afinogenov could be on his way to Vancouver. Buffalo though needs defense, and Vancouver doesn't have much left to give out. Afinogenov's days seem very numbered in Buffalo.

Looks like Briere will remain in Buffalo, and so he should, he is their best two-way player, and will be a star in this league for many years.

I know updates on the main page have been slow, but I've been super busy the last three weeks. I'm hoping to add a few more staff members, so there is less pressure on myself, because it's hard for me and Cdog to keep up with everything that is going on, and Yick is on Vacation is BC, so it's been a tough few weeks. Hang tight, within the next few days things will be back to the way they used to be!