Tuesday, January 24, 2006

More Leaf Rumours

From a very good source : " The Leafs have acquired defenseman Jamie Rivers from Detroit for a conditional draft pick. This is all pending a physical."
- No media outlets are reporting it yet, though it has been mentioned on Mojo Radio I have been told. Not sure I like this move by the Leafs, as Rivers is no better than Brad Brown, who the Leafs already have.

Two rumours emailed to me, that I usually would discard, but since Leaf fans are in a panic and want to read all of the crazy rumours, I will post them on here (but not the rumours section of the site). From the source :

"I've been hearing whispers floating around that the Leafs are about to pull the trigger on a deal that would send Shane Doan and Curtis Joseph to Toronto in exchange for Jason Allison, Nik Antropov, Jay Harrison and a 5th rd pick. Another rumour I've heard is Belfour to Edmonton for Steve Staios."

I don't believe either, though I wouldn't be surprised if Belfour was dealt, and Joseph was targeted. Thats all for now.