Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Slow Day....

Very little to discuss, not much going on anywhere....at least we have something to look forward to. It's been a long time sine I've been this excited for a trade deadline, I am sure this will be a deadline to really remember. I remember last year's and how slow it was, I doubt that will happen again this year. A lot of teams are competing, and I think we are in store for some great deals this time around.

Hossa for Marleau is something I've been hearing a lot about. The Thrashers would finally get the centre they've been searching for since they lost Savard, while San Jose would get that secondary scoring that they really need. San Jose is also searching for a d-man. Boyle, Kaberle, Kubina and Blake are all on their radar. They already struck out in their attempt to land Redden.

I noticed Eklund had Huselius to Toronto for Sundin today...why the Leafs would have any interest in the pending UFA I have no idea. If I'm Huselius, there is no way I sign long-term with the Leafs, therefore, this deal isn't happening. Sundin to Calgary is still possible, but it's going to be for prospects and picks if it happens, not one of Calgarys better roster players...

Habs and Yanic Perrault could be pairing up very soon. I'm hearing a deal could be close. This would be about the 20th deal these teams have made over the past couple of seasons...

Chat last night was a lot of fun, we will do it again soon. Check the blog and Hockeyleaks.com for times and dates for future chats, as well as all the latest. and join the forums, they are a great place to talk hockey.