Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wednesday Rumours

Ok, so Hossa isn't a Red Wing...yet. The Wings are not front-runners for him either, that title belongs to San Jose, who are offering Patrick Marleau and a first for him. Marleau would look good beside Kovalchuk in my opinion. Boston is said to be offering a package involving Glen Murray, maybe Kessel. Detroit's package has to include one of their three young guys (Filppula, Hudler and Franzen). Ottawa is very much still after Hossa, as is Montreal.

The Tomas Kaberle deal the other day did involve Jeff Carter, I can confirm that. Fletcher is very high on Carter and still has hopes of bringing him in before Tuesday. In no way do I believe Sundin will end up in Montreal. Anaheim and Philly would be my two best guesses at this point. Stajan or Steen will likely be packaged with Sundin, while Antropov is always a possibility. I've been told if Raycroft can't be dealt / packaged by the deadline he will be waived...

Brad Stuart has rejected the Kings latest offer and is likely to be dealt. Still hearing Detroit leads, watch Boston as well.

Brian Campbell is going to be traded unless things change drastically. San Jose and Colorado are your teams to watch there.

Brad Richards is a name I'm hearing a lot today. Chicago would love to get this guy, as would Nashville. Colorado, San Jose and Phoenix are also among those interested. In no way does Richards stay in the East if dealt I've been told.

Tanguay to Montreal is being talked about a lot, but I'm hearing Tanguay will not waive his NTC to Montreal. Things could change, but right now I dont think it's likely at all. Tanguay to Boston or Florida makes a lot more sense.

Calgary is very interested in Barrett Jackman, as well as Dan Boyle.

More later...