Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rumours! News! Updates!

Ok lets take a look at whats going on around the league

Rucinsky signed a deal with St. Louis yesterday, which shocked a lot of people I've talked to. The Rangers were said to be the favourites, but money turned out to be the difference. Rucinsky will get 4.75 million over two years which works out to be a little less than 2.5 million per season. The Blues continue to improve, and should compete for a playoff spot should they get another goalie.

The Rangers will now apparently enter the Anson Carter sweepstakes, joining Vancouver, Toronto, Detroit and LA. Sykora could end up in all of these cities as well. Even though I previously reported that Sykora would not end up in Edmonton, one source keeps telling me they are in serious talks. I guess we have to consider all possibilities.

From what I've heard, the Toronto/Detroit trade rumours are false. If you are had not heard, some rumours have suggested Antropov and/or Stajan were about to be dealt to Detroit for an unnamed return.

Manny Legace is still in talks with both NYI and St. Louis, while rumours of Buffalo having interest are false. Buffalo will wait until Mair's arbitration is finished before resigning Miller, which must be done before trading Biron. I expect Biron to be somewhere else (and where is anyone's guess right now) before the start of training camp.

Hockeyleaks is still looking for a few people to help out around here, by posting news stories, etc. I just purchased a very expensive Wifi laptop to hopefully make things on my end better, allowing me to update more often, however, Cdog is currently in the process of moving from Vancouver to Calgary, while in a few weeks I will be moving from my small town in Ontario to the big city of Toronto. All the help we can get is appreciated. Also, the Power Play Fantasy League will return this year, and will be A LOT better than last years. Stay tuned to hockeyleaks.com for the lastest on that