Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sykora

According to someone very close to the Oilers, Sykora to Edmonton is very close to being done. I am still skeptical, and I do not believe it, but this source seems to be legit so I will go along with him. He says this deal could be done as soon as tomorrow, and may just be pending a physical.

TJ Code(insidethecode.blogspot.com) is reporting that Briere may be traded after all. I am hearing similar rumblings, with the Flame and Coyotes still pressing very hard to get one of Briere or Gomez.

Dumont could end up back in Buffalo, but I am hearing Ottawa may be the front runner at this point. Columbus is also talking to Dumont fairly seriously.

Cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com for all questions/comments. Also, we are looking for writers and people to help with a season preview. Contact me if your interested.