Thursday, January 11, 2007

Esche On The Move? Forsberg Back To Colorado?

First of all, the Flyers have claimed goalie Michael Leighton off waivers from the Nashville Predators. A lot of speculation as to why they did this, when they already have two goalies fighting for their #1 spot. Well, I'm quickly hearing that this could set up a deal involving Robert Esche. LA has interest, while I'm hearing Anaheim for some reason may also. Colorado is another team, while rumour this morning had a Theodore and a pick for Forsberg deal floating around.

Starting today, the trade rumours will heat up. Some will be so wacky, you won't believe it. Some will make so much sense, you'll think it's a lock. Both types of deals will happen, and both types of deals will not. It's hard to sort out the garbage from the facts this time of year, and at hockeyleaks we try our best to do that. That being said, I will give you almost all of the rumours I hear, because like I said, anything can happen.

Adam has a new column up where he takes a look back at the first half of the NHL season, take a look, and enjoy your day. I'll be back if more breaks, but make sure to check the forums for the latest.