Saturday, January 06, 2007

Three In A Row?

Did I not tell you that Phoenix/Atlanta game would be a good one? Coyotes take it 5-4 in overtime, great balanced scoring by Phoenix, this team is really hot right now. You have to think it's much to the improved play of Doan, Nagy and Nolan, these three have really turned it up lately.

Tonight's game of the night? Toronto at Buffalo. The leafs struggle in Buffalo, but these teams both enter this game oppositely. Toronto enters having just beat the Bruins 10-2, while Buffalo comes into this game after loosing last night to the Penguins 4-2. This game should be a great one, I expect things to get physical.

What a great World Junior tournament we had this year! Yesterday's game capped it off wonderfully, and Canada took home it's third straight title. Steve Downie was a player on that team, and he plays for the Peterborough Petes...but for how long? The OHL trade deadline is fast approaching, and our very own TJ Hurst gives us a little preview on who may be on the move in the next little bit. Check out the articles section on Hockeyleaks.com and read brand new articles by TJ Hurst and Adam Forsyth. Make sure to email them some feedback, they love to hear from you guys.

We should have a few new writers debut over the next week, but we are still accepting more! Email me at Cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com if you're interested.

I enjoy updating the Stats section of Hockeyleaks.com because I now always know who leads the league in each category, and am always keeping an eye each night to see who surpasses who. I find it interesting that Giguere had a huge lead in Wins, but since his injury two players have caught up to him: Brodeur and Luongo. Could these three be the three vezina finalists? Hasek, Huet and Miller I'm sure all would have something to say about that. Have we ever had better goaltending in the NHL? I'd love to hear from you, so drop me an email, I'll post the best responses, and I may even post my responses to them as well.

Enjoy your Saturday!