Sunday, August 21, 2005

Super Sunday!

Well, nothing too super about this Sunday, not much to talk about. The Peter Bondra sweepstakes must be close to the end, but teams are making late bids. Atlanta, Philly, Detroit and Washington are still in it, while Chicago, LA and Toronto are all making bids aswell. I still believe Selanne will end up in Montreal, but San Jose and Chicago are also very interested in the winger. Vincent Damphousse is apparently waiting to here back from both Montreal and Pittsburgh.

Scott Lachance could still sign with Toronto, though I am hearing Nashville is also interested. Andy Hilbert has asked to be traded from Boston. For an AHL guy like Hilbert, I don't see him getting a lot of attention. Jay Bouwmeester is seeking a three year deal worth around three million per season. Florida is not prepared to give him that, and would like to sign him to a one year deal, worth 1.5-2 million. Ryan Malone could be traded by the Penguins, and I know a lot of teams would be interested in this young star. Milan Kraft will likely be headed to Russia.

This is pure speculation, but I strongly see Witt going to a team with cap problems. I could see Detroit moving one of Datsyuk or Zetterberg to Washington for a package including Witt. Anahiem and St.Louis are two other teams I see going after Witt. Boston is said to be the front runner, with Toronto also up there. Right now Washington is waiting for an unbelievable offer, but I don't think they'll ever get it. Witt is still atleast another week away from being traded.

I want to thank all those who emailed asking about the second fantasy league. If you want in the second fantasy league, please email us at hockeyleaks@hotmail.com. I want to remind everyone that the draft for the first league is on Sept.1 at 11:30 pm EST. Finally, I want to show you an animation that was sent to me. It was created by someone who views hockey leaks on a daily basis, and thought I would be interested in it. I enjoyed it, and thought I should pass it on till all of you.

http://www.3ringstudios.com/asphaltavengers/iface/index.htm

Enjoy, and I'll post later if anything comes up. I am hearing the Bondra situation should wrap up in the next 72 hours.