Saturday, September 03, 2005

Quicky

I am on my way out, so I have to keep this brief. First, Peter Bondra has countered Washington's offer. I have heard they offered him a one year deal worth 1.5 million, his counter off is a two year worth 5 or 6 million. If Washington rejects this I expect him to end up in New Jersey, as crazy as that is with their cap situation. Funny article from spectorshockey.net, where apparently the Islanders offered Dipietro a 15 year contract worth 67.5 million. The problem was the NHL only insures it for 5 years, the rest would be on Dipietro, so it never went anywhere.

From my Islanders source, Minnesota has apparently joined the Mark Parrish race, and are also looking at Jason Blake. Not sure who would go to NYI in this deal. Still no progress in Pittsburgh for Brooks Orpik, I'm hoping he signs as I have him in Fantasy League #1...

Last night's draft was lots of fun, and took us to around 2 AM EST this morning. Fantasy League 3's draft goes Sunday. A 4th fantasy league is coming, but not yet, so please don't email me asking if you can get it, because I can't run it because yahoo won't let me have anymore leagues...If you are interested in writing for hockeyleaks, or have some information to pass on that you want on the blog, please email me at hockeyleaks@hotmail.com. Also, I had a few complaints about people getting emails when people reply to the blog email, I have fixed that. If you want to join the email group, scroll down to the bottom of the blog, and enter your email address in the "google groups" box. I won;t be around today, so if anything breaks Yick or ryan.c may or may not update the blog. Check the forums for all the latest, I'll do a blog later tonight when I'm home. Have a good day everyone, it's Saturday, so I expect things to be slow....