Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know the Canadian thanksgiving is technically tomorrow, but I'm having my turkey dinner tonight, so I'm declaring today the official thanksgiving in Canada! Lets get back to the two late games last night (I watched both thanks to the free preview of NHL Center Ice).

Sami Salo scored late in the third to give Vancouver a 3-2, but Rafi Torres scored with only 23 seconds left to push overtime! The game went to a shootout, where Edmonton blanked Vancouver 2-0, thanks to goals from Torres and Hemsky. So much for me winning my proline last night...

Shane Doan tipped an O'Donnell slapshot home, and the Coyotes went on to beat the Wild 2-1. Wayne Gretzky got his first win as an NHL coach, and Curtis Joseph looked like his old self. Overall, it was a pretty good game by the Coyotes.

Rumour time! With Atlanta signing Kovalchuk, many are expecting some sort of trade by Thrashers to give them a little more cap room. They are also interested in Noronen or Biron from Buffalo, as Kari Lehtonen's injury may be more serious than first believed. Not sure who would be dumped by Atlanta if a trade does happen. Bob Boughner could be on his way out of Colorado. Tampa Bay is where I am hearing he could end up.

Columbus is shopping Martin Prusek. Edmonton, Vancouver, Atlanta and Detroit are all said to be interested. If you believe the entire Leaf Nation, Aki Berg is also being shopped. Wishful thinking, nobody wants him for his price. One Leaf note this morning, Eric Lindros is by the far the most dominant Leaf so far. If you have him on a fantasy team, don't let him go.

Thats all from me for now. Unfortunately, because of my turkey eating, I will not be able to get the fantasy standings up today. Hopefully tomorrow. I received a few emails with offers to help me count the numbers, so if anyone would like to help me, that'd be great! If your eating turkey today, enjoy it! We could be close to a big announcement for the site as well, I have a very important phone meeting with someone tomorrow.