Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Night Of Surprises

Boy am I glad I didn't play proline tonight. Lets start in New York, where the Islanders beat the Rangers. Yashin finally stepped up and got two points, while Satan scored once, plus the shootout winner. Final score was 3-2 for the Isles, in a shootout. Jagr continued to play well, scoring his 7th goal of the season, tying him with Gagne for the league lead. DiPietro was back in net for the Isles after he suffered a concussion last week.

The Blues beat the Ducks in another upset. Backman, McAmmond and Brewer scored for the Blues, who get their second win of the season. 3-2 St.Louis was the final score, with Ozolinsh and Selanne scoring the Duck's goals. Rob Niedermayer had two assists for the Ducks.

Gaborik finally returned to the ice, as the Wild beat up on the Sharks 6-1. Gaborik had two assists in his return, while White and Daigle also had two points each. Nabokov allowed five goals on nine shots in the third period. Fernandez got the win the Wild, who improve to 4-2-1.

Final game of the night is still going on, between the Kings and the Avs. It's tied 4-4 through two periods. Tanguay has three assists for the Avs, while Demitra has two goals for the Kings. My prediction? 6-5 Avs win.

Did everyone see Canada's list of 81 players who could possibly play in Turin? If you haven't, the full list is posted in the forums. I know this is the Leaf fan in me saying this, but after the injury problems Jason Allison, Eric Lindros and Jeff O'Neill have had, how great is it to see them on that list? Should be interesting to see how they cut that list down to 23. I got asked earlier if I thought the rookies (Crosby, Richards, Phaneuf) should make it, my answer is no. These kids will have their time to shine, but they're not ready for this yet. I know some have been to the world championships and world juniors, but let the vets have their moment, the young kids will have their time soon enough. The most surprising name on that list? Dan Cloutier...no, just kidding, Cam Ward, I was shocked to see him included, though with his numbers so far this season, he's a smart choice.

I know I said updates would be up tonight, but I remembered that I did the updates last Thursday, and really, every seven days is better than six. I promise all the new updates will be up tomorrow night, and from now on Thursday will be the day you will see all my new rankings, articles and fantasy fun. Hockeyleaks.com is our web address, and cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com is my email address. Have a good night.