Monday, October 03, 2005

What A Day For Crazy News

Things seem very odd today, as all the news is kind of surprising. We'll start with the NHL in general, as it announced today that referee's will be miked for the upcoming season. This means viewers at home will be able to listen in on what the referee is saying. If anyone watches the NFL, picture an NHL referee announcing to the crowd each and every penalty. This will be something that will be hard for me to get used to, and though I see what the NHL is trying to do, I don't agree with it.

Another NHL side note, those lucky enough to get opening night tickets will also be lucky enough to recieve a mini-replica stanley cup. If the NHL really wants to win it's fans back, I think they should send every fan of the game a mini-stanley cup, because half the people attending the games are business people, and not real hockey fans. As for one of those mini-stanley cups, if anyone can score two, I'd love to get my hands on one and add it to the list of prizes available for the Powerplay Hockey League. Maybe we could make a trade? Only two days left to join the PP Fantasy league, so email me at cjohnson202@hockeyleaks.com if your interested.

Ok, back to the odd hockey news. The Edmonton Oilers sent Robbie Shremp back to junior. They also sent Danny Syvret to the AHL. What does this mean? The Oilers will not be able to call Shremp up at all this season, which means he will not play any NHL games this season. Syvret can be called up, but I'd only see him being called up if the Oilers run into some injuries.

Two other send downs that shocked me today are the two made by the Toronto Maple Leafs. They sent down both Colaiacovo and Kronwall, making unknown defenseman Andy Wozniewski the Leafs' 6th defenseman until Klee returns. I expect either Colaiacovo or Kronwall to be called back up within the first 10 games.

Some non-shocking news, both Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf have made the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, and expect both to have huge rookie seasons.

Final note, check out
http://www.bluelinetalkradio.com/main/modules.php?name=Audio_Archives
for my interview as well as the call in I had, which lasts about 10 minutes. Blueline is a great supporter for hockeyleaks, and I want to thank them for everything they've done for us. Anyways, thats all for now, if you havn't already, check out the new site at http://www.hockeyleaks.com. Have a good night, more to come later